Winter Outing Series General Information:
- Outdoor recreation in & around Tioga County in January & February:
- Events are free
• Limited equipment is available to use free of charge
• All ages are welcome with adult supervision
• Most activities are for beginners and make it easy to try something new
• Limited snow cover may alter the events, but when possible, an alternative program will be offered
- XC ski track will be set for all ski events if conditions allow
• Questions? Contact Us or call 570-724-0300
2017 Winter Outings Events:
Thursdays Year-round – Thursday Night Run
6PM-7PM – Wellsboro – Packer Park Lot
Come on out for a group run. Multiple pace groups for almost any ability level. Yes – it’s dark, so bring a headlamp / lights. Yes, the group runs in almost any conditions. Distances vary. Look up the club on Facebook for more info or updates throughout the year. TRC website
Friday February 24 – Planetarium Open House
Saturday February 25 –XC Ski / Snowshoe
Saturday, with the forecast in the 50’s, while we planned on skiing and snowshoeing at Mill Cove, we will instead have a 9am XC Ski, snowshoe, and hiking traction DISPLAY and short talk for those interested in purchasing equipment. You can also bring your equipment for advice on upgrading or any other questions you may have.
At 10am, we’ll take a relatively easy, out and back one or two-mile loop hike, led by Daryl Warren. All ages and abilities are welcome!
Meet at the large pavilion (go past construction equipment near the entrance). Hikers may be advised to wear brighter clothing since it is the last day of small game and the hike will be in areas open to hunting.